SB Order 05/2018 : Mandatory use of Savings Account for credit of maturity/premature value of various POSB Schemes & monthly/quarterly/yearly interest in case of MIS/SCSS/TD accounts and investments in DOP Finacle
FSI has confirmed that patch meant for Time stamp buffman error occurred during Inward zone clearing
But, few offices reported such cases again during this week
Issue is that charges transaction were in enter status and while posting user got buffman error
FSI wants to analyse the issue then and there itself
So, if any such issue occur again, please report such issue with following details to email IDs referred in CC
1. SOL ID
2. Inward zone Code and date
3. Transaction ID
4. Screenshot of error
5. Screenshot of General tab page highlighting Charge transaction ID ( which is available on the bottom of the page just above Validation status )
6. What is the status of Zone
7. Whether user tried Zone closure multiple times
8. User ID(s) tried posting the transaction / Zone closure
Please do not request for deletion of such transaction without analyzing / getting confirmation from FSI
For already reported issue, if you have screenshot of error and other information , please share it
Thanks & regards,
CEPT - FSI Team
The following instructions are issued with respect to Outward zone with immediate effect
1. Please do not lodge more than one instrument ( Cheque) in single SET against account in Outward zone in HOCTM
2. If already lodged in past date, please do not attempt “Release to shadow balance” in HMCLZOH till further instructions
3. In case of emergency, please revoke the suspension of Outward zone in HMCLZOH, then delete the multiple instruments ( Cheques) by using HOCTM so that only one instrument may be retained in a SET of Outward zone
Further update on above points will be sent within a day or two, on receipt of solution from Infosys
Thanks & regards,
CEPT - FSI Team
In Finacle, every customer is identified by Customer Information File(CIF) number (9 digit). As CIF ID was not available in sanchaypost, each and every account was migrated with separate CIF with instructions to merge CIF (Post Migration).
CIF merger is the process of merging all accounts of a particular persons under one single CIF.
Business scenario for CIF merger
a) Same customer was migrated with more than one CIFs depending on number of accounts. One CIF is to be retained as master CIF and all accounts of that customer to be merged with master CIF.
b) Linking of Aadharnumber to single CIF ID.
c) Crediting of TDA maturity proceeds to POSB account under same CIF.
1. CDEDUP – Deduplication – A customer can be identified by either of these fields
last name, first name, middle name, passport, driving license, PANNO, Driving license, date of birth.
2. CMRC: Inquiry option - Click on Searcher at CIF ID field and enter the required details in
the searcher field.
3. CCIFINQ: Searcher based on mobile / aadhar number
Procedure for CIF merger
1) Invoke the menu HCCA through CPA Login
2) Select the function MODIFY
3) Enter the account number for which CIF merger is initiated
4) Click on GO
The following fields are to be updated
a) Old CIF ID along with name of CIF Holder - defaulted
b) Enter the New CIF ID to be merged (Please note - Before merging CIF of account, make sure that other CIF which is to be merged belongs to same customer)
c) Modify a/c name -Yes / No – Account holder name in the account is to be modified only as per the account holder name in CIF.
d) Reason Code for the CIF merger to be selected from among 3 reasons listed in searcher
Death Claim transfer
Transfer of certificates
CIF duplicate transfer
e) Once reason is selected, given account number will get linked to new CIF ID.
CIF Merger Verification
1. Invoke the menu HCCA
2. Select the function Verify
3. Enter the account number for which CIF merger is done
4. Click on Go
5. Verify the CIF ID details and click on Ok
Steps for cross verification
Number of accounts under a CIF (Pre merger)
Post CIF merger – RD account is merged with the existing CIF
CIF which is not linked to any account is to be suspended using menu CMRC.
CIF Merger can be done only in Parent SOL ie where the account stands. If CIF merger for account is tried in other office, error “Only inquiry is allowed on the accounts of other SOL” will be thrown.
2. If the mode of operation of account is 012/999 then it can be transferred to the new customer if the new customer already is not having the account in the Sol, with same product group with mode of operation as 012 or 999 and the existing account should not have any other account in the Sol, with same product group with mode of operation as 012 or 999.3. Only one pension account is allowed for a customer across SOLs.
4. For pension accounts, cif to which the account is transferred should not be minor or lunatic. Current cif should not be minor or lunatic.
4. Also mode of operation of 018/019/020 is not allowed for pension accounts.
5. If mode of operation for pension accounts is 016/017 then joint holders are mandatory and should be spouse.
6. If the mode of operation of account is 016/017 if the new customer already is not having the account in the Sol, with same product group with mode of operation as 012 or 999 and the existing account should not have any other account in the Sol, with same product group with mode of operation as 016 or 017.
7. For minor accounts, account can be transferred to new customer if the new customer is also minor and should have guardian. Current cif should also be minor and should have a guardian.
8. For Lunatic accounts, account can be transferred to new customer if the new customer is also lunatic and should have guardian. Current cif should also be Lunatic and should have a guardian.
I am directed by competent authority to convey the following
RD accounts gets extended automatically for 60 months (ie another 5 years) if 60 instalments are paid on date of maturity during EOD batch jobs. Till the account is extended, monthly deposits for extended period cannot be paid.
We are getting complaints from Circles and through Agents association that due to extension on date of maturity, monthly instalments could not paid which results in loss of rebate.
It is learnt that manual extension option is not being used for extension.
In case customer wishes to pay the extended monthly deposits after completion of 60 instalments before maturity date, RD ACCOUNTS CAN BE EXTENDED MANUALLY using menuPRDCM.
If all the 60 installments are paid and if the account is in the last month (ie maturity month) PRDCM can be used for extending.
RD account open date
60 months elapses on
This account will get extended automatically on 15/05/2015 through batch job.
Manual extension using PRDCM can be done after 15/04/2015 and the customer can pay 61st instalment even before maturity date ie 15/05/2015.
This menu is accessible for CPA, SUPERVISOR
This may please be circulated to Post offices.
Please revert in case of any issues/errors in accessing this menu.
Thanks and Regards
Chennai 600 002
This is regarding the usage of HTTUME menu for Salary/Pension Upload.
Circles/POs reported error in HTTUME menu during processing of Salary/Pension in encrypted format. Issue has been resolved and relevant patches have been deployed.
It is requested to kindly instruct HOs to use ENCRYPTED FILE format only for uploading SALARY/PENSION from the month of May 2018 .
Kindly revert in case of issues/errors if any along with relevant screenshots and ticket number.
Thanks and Regards
Chennai 600 002